Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eating Well = Well Being

My kids are starting to make the connection!!! There have been a lot of birthday parties going on, and my kids try to make good choices, but that's not always the case. This morning my daughter woke up with a stuffy nose and said, "I'm all stuffed up, Mommy. I think I should have made better choices at the birthday parties this weekend. I probably ate too much bad food and not enough good food and now my body has to get the bad stuff out."

Wow, love that she realized that. I talk about myself all the time, although it's more like I had too many raw food treats and not enough greens over a longer period of time...or missed my juices that day, or something like that. They are actually not just hearing what I mention in passing about myself and how I feel in connection with my food but they are listening too and applying it to themselves.

Here's hoping that I can lay a solid foundation for them to build their own healthy eating habits.

In Health and Happiness,
Melinda

No comments: